Some important information to know about virtual tours and the process:
How should I prepare for a 3D shoot?
Great 3D shoots start with beautifully staged spaces. Be sure to prepare the space thoroughly before we start scanning:
- Remove any litter, and prep the decor so that everything can remain stationary throughout the shoot.
- Make sure everything is where you want it and the space looks like as you wish to see it on your virtual tour. Our camera likes objects to stay put and moving them between scans can cause a difference between scan points effecting the outcome.
- Decide whether you want the lights on or off throughout the space, and adjust appropriately.
- Make sure the space is vacant, moving objects, pets, adults, kids moving around will disturb the images. Retaking images is unnecessary and can slow the process down.
- We are happy to offer some help when we arrive on site, however please remember that we are not a cleaning or furniture removalist business. We have great connections in those industries if you need someone to prepare the house for the 3D shoot don't hesitate to contact us.
How long will a shoot take?
- This depends on the complexity of the space, but a normal size 4 bedroom house should not take longer than 1.5 hours.
Do I have to be present at the shoot?
- This is up to you. We find that it speeds up the process if the space is vacant. If you are present, please be mindful of where the camera is. Remember, if you can see the camera, the camera can see you.
How long will it take to receive my virtual tour?
- The virtual tour is usually complete and ready for viewing no longer than 48 hrs of the scan taking place, usually less. That excludes the insertion of Multimedia tags.
How long will the virtual tour be available?
- As long as you wish to keep it available. Sharing options can be enabled and disabled any time. At this stage, there is no extra cost for hosting virtual tours.
How do I pay for the service?
- If you wish to pay on the day EFTPOS facility is available. Otherwise an invoice is sent out within 48 hours and it is payable by a simple bank transfer within 7 days.
What happens if 3D Society do not receive the payment on time?
- Our invoice due date is set 7 days from the day of issuing the invoice. In the case of no payment and no contact from the customer we will disable the virtual tour which means it will become unavailable to view on the internet.
How do I promote my virtual tour?
- Your virtual tour comes with a link and also an HTML code. The link can be easily shared on any smart device also by emails and even text messages. They can be shared on Facebook and other social media platforms. Your HTML code can be embedded into any website.
Do you charge full price for minor updates?
- No, we don't charge full price for minor updates, however please understand a minor update is not always possible. Best to give us a call and explain what has to be changed on your virtual tour and we will assess and advise if a minor change is possible or a full retake is recommended.
Do you offer discount for repeat customers and regular updates?
- Yes we do offer percentage discount for both, please contact us for more details.
What are Multimedia tags and how can I use them to my advantage?
- Any objects in your virtual tour can be tagged with a Multimedia tag. In the tags you can insert a any text, description, explanation, selling points up t0 52 characters. You can also insert photos, links to your website, audio, video or other file formats. This turns spaces into a powerful tool for communicating with remote stakeholders, property buyers, prospective lessees, or global audiences. The best way to get your head around multimedia tags is to have a look at one of our existing models.
Prices for Multimedia tags?
- Prices for tags varies based on the size on the project and how many objects you require tagged. Start thinking about the items you want tagged and the context you want in them as this can speed up the turn around for you. Please give us a call for more details.
Is it possible to extract still photos from the virtual tour?
- Among other powerful functions, 2D or normal still photographs can be extracted from your virtual tour. We have many examples of this, please don't hesitate to request to see some.
Is the technology Virtual Reality (VR) compatible?
- Yes it is. By a click of a button the virtual tour can be viewed through virtual reality glasses.
What else is available?
- Short teaser videos in MP4 format
- Highlight reels
- Still photographs
- Dollhouse view
- 360 Snapshots
- Google Map integration
Do you charge call out fee?
- There is no call out fee within city limits. We can travel interstate and have participated in overseas projects.
Is 3D Society an official Matterport Service Partner?
- Yes we are, we gained our Matterport Service Partner badge in May, 2017
Book us now:
If you are interested please give us a call for more details. We're happy to talk through the process and provide a quote for your needs.